10 Reasons To Move To North Carolina
Before you move to North Carolina, let me give the overall picture of what is to live here.
If you are looking for a calm, peaceful city, with mild traffic, with suburbs within only 20 mins form it where everything within your reach, short distance commute to work, mild winters with almost no snow, able to own your own home instead of renting having more space for your kids and natural parks, lakes and rivers all around, with the ability to get away to the mountains within one hour and a half, or the beach within two hours and half Charlotte is a perfect for you.
Charlotte is the biggest city of NC and has it all from the old-southern fashion life style and architecture to the modern cosmopolitan vibes with all the city bustle, sophisticated cuisine, unique free culture and art makes the Queen City a perfect place for everyone that comes in from all around the world to live here. I believe that there are as many native Charlottes as there are people from all over the globe counting myself in this category.
10 reasons to move to NC:
1. Housing affordability:
There are three factors that contribute to this:
1. 1.Low property taxes: The national average effective property tax is 1.08% while here in North Carolina the average is 0.86%. For example, is you own a home with a tax value of $233,500 and a market value of $2170,000 you will be paying $2,345 for yearly county and city taxes.
2. 2.The affordable value of the land: If you come to the Charlotte region you will see that there are several residential and commercial construction projects being build right now. This has been possible due to the inexpensive value of the land of course depending on the location and proximity to the city values will vary.
3. Home builders: Several home builders, like, Ryan Homes, Lennar, MI homes, Taylor Morrison, Shea Homes, Pulte Group, Meritage Homes, Mattamy Homes, Eastwood homes, D.R.Horton, True Homes, Century Communities have been able to acquire massive land tracks and build high quality homes with affordable prices in the 200s and 300s.
2. Job opportunities
According to Forbes Charlotte ranks #7 for best place for business and career having the next major industries: Financial services, motorsports, energy, aerospace and defense, automotive, track and heavy machinery, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, health care, food processing and manufacturing, furniture, information technology, textiles and tourism.
Charlotte is the second largest baking city before New York having Well Fargo’s major offices, Banks of America’s headquarters, plus Lowes’ headquarters in Mooresville(35 mins from Charlotte), American Airlines, Amazon and Nascar Hall of fame and the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord with motorsport being another significant part of the culture and economic; also new companies are opening here like Honeywell which will be ready by 2021, all the above has solidified the job market with the unemployment rate of 3.8% lower than the national and the average salary is close to equal with the one in Charlotte.
3. 3.Weather: Charlotte has an amazing climate with blue skies all year round even in the winters surprisingly with 61.5 F degrees being the annual average temperature.
4. 4.Winters are sunny: Highs: Mid 50s / lows: Low 30s Yes, you heard me right “sunny”. The son here almost never stops from coming out and if there is a little bit of snow on the ground it will melt the same or next day. There will be on an average 6 inches of snow per year. If you coming from the northern states winter in the Charlotte will fell like fall for you.
Springs are vivic: Highs: Low 70s / lows: Low High 40s
Everything starts to sprout in early March and the city will be full of white, yellow and pink blooming flowers and bunnies and will birds come out to nest. The air is fresh and the grading season will start as the rain finds it way here with 4.4 inches of rain fall.
Summers are bright: Highs: High 80s / Lows: High 60s
This is perfect time to be outdoors with some sunscreen and a cold drink on a lake, river or a park which are found within 30 mins from the city. There are many outdoor activities, splash parks for kids, street festivals, outdoor concerts to enjoy in this season.
Fall are colorful: Highs: Low 70s / Lows: Low 50s
Charlotte is a city that has preserved many green areas and outdoor parks where you will be able to experience the stunning change of leaf colors of autumn and you must to escape to the mountains that are one hour and a half away to see the dense tree canopy on its autumnal splendor with a landscape perfect for a family picture that you will always remember.
5. 5. Proximity to beaches and mountains:
Beaches: If you are looking to get away, get in your car and drive only 3 1/2- 4 1/2 hours to any of the following beaches: 1. 1.Charleston 2. 2.Folly Beach 3. 3.Isle of Palm 4. 4.Wilmington 5. 5.Myrtle Beach: 6. 6.Kure Beach 7. 7.Craolina 8. 8.Wringsville 9. 9. Outer Banks: To get here you will need to drive 5 1/2 hours but the drive will be worthwhile as this has been claim by many on of the best beaches of NC. While here visit: Ocracoke Island by car ferry, Cape Hatteras home of one of the world’s most famous light house. 10. 10.Ocracoke 11. 11.Cedar Island 12. 12.Oak Island 13. 13.Emerald Isle 14. 14.Writesville Beach 15. 15.Hilton Head 16. 16. Savahana, GA
Charlotte is the perfect place to enjoy year round, not only in the summer but in the fall and winter in the mountains that are only to one hour to 3 hours away. Seeing the epic change of color in the fall is a must. Crowders Mountain State park is only 30-40 minutes away from the city and offer beautiful views, hikes with 11 trails and peaceful lake to go fishing. If you are an outdoor person you are going to enjoy the many mountain scenery with it lakes, rives, water falls and hiking trails year round.
Asheville Boone Grandfather mountain Hickory grove Smoky Mountains Cherokee Blue Ridge Parkway Chimney Rock Sliding Rock and Water fall
Lake Norman is one of the best places to live and have fun year rounds located only 20 miles north of the Queen City. Enjoy the lake life year round having fun in the sun with its perfect climate and breathtaking sunrises and sunsets.
The towns around lake Norman are Mooresville, Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Denver, Stanley, Terrell, Sherrills ford and Statesville offering a lot of entertaining activities, water sports, fishing, shopping and a variety of wonderful restaurants.
Lake Norman History
Lake Norman is a man-made lake formed in 1963 by Duke Power to generate hydro-electric energy and took its name from a former Duke’s president, Norman Atwater Cocke.
Lake Norman Neighborhoods
Golf courses around Lake Norman
Trump National Golf Club Charlotte - Mooresville, NC
Mooresville Public Golf Course - Mooresville, NC
The Peninsula Club & Golf Course - Cornelius, NC
Warrior Golf Club - China Grove, NC
Birkdale Golf Club- Huntersville, NC
NorthStone Country Club & Golf - Huntersville, NC
Skybrook Golf Club - Huntersville, NC
Verdict Ridge Golf & Country Club - Denver, NC
Westport Golf Club - Denver,NC
Cowan’s Ford Country Club-Stanley
The Club at Irish Creek - Kannapolis, NC
Areas We Service
Charlotte is a growing city with an amazing climate, meaning almost not snow, mild winters that will feel like fall if you are coming from the northern states, new businesses are opening everyday amount restaurants, local breweries, small food chains of more.